For Club Rules, Please see the bottom of this page
The club has been active for over 50 years. Nant Moel our only reservoir is situated just off the A465 near Hirwaun and between the towns of Aberdare and Merthyr Tydfil, just at the foothills of the Brecon Beacons. This puts us in an ideal spot for easy access from anywhere within the South Wales Valleys and beyond. The closest available postcode is CF44 0DJ. If you head for signs reading ‘Llwydcoed crematorium’ the Tarmac lane up to the reservoir (2nd reservoir) is on a bend off this road.
Cardiff, Swansea, Brecon and Abergavenny are all around a 30 minute drive away or less.
Committee member: (new as of AGM meeting 26/11/2017 with immediate effect)
Club Secretary /Treasurer – Mr P Belt (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Chairman – Mr DW Morgan. Vice Charman – Mr A Fairbank
Local tackle shops / partners:
www.fishtec.co.uk Brecon, postcode LD38LA
Garry Evans, Whitchurch road, Cardiff
River levels: www.naturalresources.wales/river-levels-online
Club Rules (for 2018/2019 season commencing 3rd March 2018)
- Nant Moel – fly fishing only (no spinning, or any bait fishing)
- River Cynon / Dare – Worm, spinning and fly are permitted.
- All Members Must Sign Out at all times and complete the catch return even if this is zero. This is a health and safety requirement. This is closely monitored.
- Strictly NO static fishing when using the sinking fly line method
- Only one rod to be made up on the water
- (new 2017) No float tubing allowed on any club waters
- Limit of SIX fish to be despatched (killed) per week – Monday to Monday.
- Limit of TWO fish to be killed per day. Once your second fish has been despatched, fishing must cease for the day IMMEDIATELY. I.e. no catch and release after this point.
- Limit of 10 fish to be caught per day, after this fishing must cease for the day.
- All fish must be landed with the aid of a knotless net, which must be carried at all times when fishing.
- Please take care to return all fish to the water gently and ASAP when landed Try and unhook in the net/water wherever possible with minimal contact.
- Any brown trout caught at Nant Moel must be released.
- No alcohol to be consumed on any association water.
- No rod sharing allowed.
- No spinning or illegal baits / substances to be used. No ground baiting.
- Any member who has taken a non-member fishing will have their permit confiscated and will have to apply to the committee for its return.
- Anyone fishing prior to stocking must stop until stocking has finished and then wait for an hour. The area of stocking will then remain ‘out of bounds’ for the remainder of that day.
- ALL angers fish at their own risk.
- All children under the age of sixteen must be accompanied by an adult whilst fishing on any club waters.
- Both gates must be kept closed at all times and the outer gate locked at all times.
- Any member caught dropping litter may be liable to punishment. Use the bins provided.
- Boats may only be used by full members. (ie no day ticket holders)
- ALL members must carry their photo permit at all times when fishing and must produce it when asked by any bailiff, member, police officer etc.
- Membership is not transferrable. Membership fees are not refundable.
- ALL Members are strongly advised to purchase a valid EA Rod licence or risk prosecution.
- Anything that arises not laid for in these rules shall be laid before the committee whose decision shall be final.