For Club Rules, Please see the bottom of this page
The club has been active for over 50 years. Nant Moel our only reservoir is situated just off the A465 near Hirwaun and between the towns of Aberdare and Merthyr Tydfil, just at the foothills of the Brecon Beacons. This puts us in an ideal spot for easy access from anywhere within the South Wales Valleys and beyond. The closest available postcode is CF44 0DJ. If you head for signs reading ‘Llwydcoed crematorium’ the Tarmac lane up to the reservoir (2nd reservoir) is on a bend off this road.
Cardiff, Swansea, Brecon and Abergavenny are all around a 30 minute drive away or less.
Club Secretary – Mr J Powell
Treasurer – Mr P Belt (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Chairman – Mr DW Morgan.
Vice Chairman- Mr A Draper
Local tackle shops / partners:
Garry Evans, Whitchurch road, Cardiff
River levels: www.naturalresources.wales/river-levels-online
- Nant Moel – fly fishing only (no spinning, or any bait fishing)
- River Cynon / Dare – Worm, spinning and fly are permitted.
- All Members Must Sign Out at all times and complete the catch return even if this is zero. This is a health and safety requirement. This is closely monitored.
- Strictly NO static fishing when using the sinking fly line method
- Only two rods to be made up on the water But only 1 to be used at any time.
- No float tubing allowed on any club waters
- Limit of FOUR fish to be despatched (killed) per week – Monday to Sunday
- Limit of TWO fish to be killed per day. Once your second fish has been despatched, fishing must cease IMMEDIATELY. I.e. no catch and release after this point.
- Limit of 10 fish to be caught by catch and release ( using barbless or debarbed hooks) per day, after this fishing must cease for the day.
- All fish must be landed with the aid of a knotless net, which must be carried at all times when fishing.
- Please take care to return all fish to the water gently and ASAP when landed Try and unhook in the net/water wherever possible with minimal contact.
- Any brown trout caught at Nant Moel must be released.
- No alcohol to be consumed on any association water.
- No rod sharing allowed.
- No spinning or illegal baits / substances to be used. No ground baiting.
- A member may take 1 guest per season free of charge to fish at Nant Moel subject to prior notice being given to a committee member. This is to encourage new members.
- Anyone fishing prior to stocking must move out of the designated stocking area which will remain ‘out of bounds’ for the rest of that day.
- ALL angers fish at their own risk.
- All children under the age of sixteen must be accompanied by an adult whilst fishing on any club waters.
- Both gates must be kept closed at all times and locked if you are the last person leaving.
- Any member caught dropping litter may be liable to punishment. Please take all litter and discarded line home with you.
- Boat may only be used by full members. (ie no day ticket holders)
- ALL members must carry their photo permit at all times when fishing and must produce it when asked by any bailiff, member, police officer etc.
- Membership is not transferrable. Membership fees are not refundable.
- ALL Members must carry a valid Rod licence or risk prosecution.
- Anything that arises not laid for in these rules shall be laid before the committee whose decision shall be final.